Chickpea and mustard green stir fry is a quick, and nutritious side dish that you can pair with almost any meal or enjoy as a salad! This side is packed with bitter greens to support liver, gallbladder and digestive function.
- 2 carrots, chopped small bits
- 1.5 cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbl olive or coconut oil
- 1 tbl minced garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped mustard greens
- Chop carrots, mushrooms, mustard greens into small pieces.
- Prepare chickpeas by soaking or using non BPA free, organic canned chickpeas
- Add 1/4 cup water, bring to boil, add garlic, chopped carrots, mushrooms. Cook until semi soft. Drain water, add 1 tbl olive or coconut oil. Add chopped mustard greens and green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix with chickpeas and chopped veggies.
- Serve as a side dish with salmon, chicken or cod or enjoy as a salad!