Roasted rainbow vegetable side dish is simple to make but pefect to pair with any protein as a side dish!
Designing a healthy dish starts with including a variety of “rainbow” assortment of vegetables and fruits. By “eating the rainbow” I am simply referring to making sure your plate contains a variety of colors: red, orange, yellow, blue, green, purple. Being mindful of including a wide array of colors in the diet ensures your body is getting a full spectrum of nutrients and antioxidants for optimal health.
Next time you build out your meals, I encourage you to ask yourself these questions:
- Does my plate include green?
- Does my plate include orange or yellow?
- Does my plate include red or purple?
- 1 peeled and thinly chopped beet
- 2 peeled and thinly chopped carrot
- 2 cups chopped and washed broccoli
- 1-2 tbl unrefined coconut oil
- Thyme, salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tbl minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Add vegetables to glass baking dish or sheet pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil. Mix with veggies and align veggies flat as much as possible.
- Add seasonings
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of vegetables