This soup is so simple and its packed with gut- loving ingredients! In my opinion, this soup also has so many healing components for gallbladder and liver health as well. Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable. Studies have shown zucchini help protect hydration and nutrient profile is equal to radishes, leeks and pumpkins in the prevention of cell mutation. Kale, onion and watercress are considered powerhouse vegetables for gallbladder + liver health. These vegetables are an excellent source of b vitamins, vitamin c, and vitamin e. They also contain sulfur rich properties. Sulfur containing foods help support liver detoxification. All healing nutrients for the gallbladder and liver, so lets start healing!
Here is what you will need to make this healing soup!
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 tsp reserved for serving
– 4 stalks of celery, diced
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 2 medium zucchini, diced
– 1/3 cup Coconut cream. I like “Lets Do organic” Coconut cream. https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Do-Organic-Creamed-Coconut/dp/B00113ZZ5U/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=coconut+cream&qid=1617210111&sr=8-12
– 2 cups homemade bone broth
-2 cups water
– 2 cups watercress, stems removed, chopped
– 2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
– Salt + Pepper to taste
1. In a medium soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion & celery and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the zucchini and sauté for another 3 minutes.
3. Add the coconut cream & bone broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the zucchini is tender.
5. Add the watercress & kale and cook for 3 more minutes, then turn off the heat.
6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the veggies to a blender with about a cup of broth and blend until smooth. Pour back into the pot and combine.
7. Season with salt + pepper, drizzle with olive oil and serve.