- 2 cups wild rice
- 6 cups bone broth
- 1 chopped and peeled butternut squash
- 1 bunch of kale chopped and washed
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt, pepper, and thyme for flavor
- Optional to add nutritional yeast for cheesy flavor
- Soak rice for 6-8 hours in water + 2 tbl apple cider vinegar
- Wash rice
- Peel and chop butternut squash. Wash and chop kale.
- Heat garlic on pan with a little coconut oil. Add 2 cups broth and rice bring to boil. Continue adding 2 cups broth at a time as the broth absorbs. Total time can take 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another pot, add 1/2 cup water bring to boil and steam butternut squash until softened. Drain water and set aside. You can add butternut squash to the same pot with rice if preferred.
- Once softened mix rice, kale and butternut squash on low heat. Season to liking.
- Optional to add nutritional yeast.