I am all about cooking quick meals within 15-20 minutes that are packed with key gallbladder, liver and gut healing ingredients.
Betaine is a key ingredient for gallbladder and liver health. This power nutrient works closely with choline, vitamin b12 and folate to aid in cellular replication, liver detoxification and function. It also helps the liver process fats! Some studies also show huge benefits when used with milk thistle for non alcoholic fatty liver disease.
So! Foods high in betaine to increase in the diet are legumes, beets, cauliflower and fish! ( if you have a history of kidney disease remove beets)
This is a nutrient dense gallbladder + fatty liver friendly meal prepped in 20 mins:
- Wild Alaskan cod. I source my fish from Wild Alaskan Company!
- 1 peeled and chopped butternut squash or 1 bag organic chopped butternut squash
- 2 handfuls organic arugula
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1.5 tbl Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbl apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt, pepper and thyme
- Water for thinning
- Add 1/2 cup water to pot and bring to boil. Add chopped butternut squash, reduce to simmer, put lid on and steam until liking. Remove water, add 2 handfuls arugula, 1 tbl olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile on another pan, add 1/4 cup water, bring to boil. Add fish, season with salt, pepper, thyme, reduce to simmer and put lid on. Steam for about 7 minutes until fish flakes. You can also bake the fish at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Mix sauce in a cup. Modify measurements as needed.
- Serve plated and drizzle sauce over fish and vegetables.