Being a body builder for years I have experimented with so many protein powders, supplements and diet changes. I didnt understand for many years the benefits and why I was taking this stuff in the first place. Oh right! Because all my trainers told me I needed it.
I’ve come to realize nutrition, hydration and sleep are key for recovery bu unfortunately the way our foods are manufactured today it is nearly impossible to get the adequate amount of vitamins and minerals from foods to aid in recovery. From research, I have learned these are the top natural supplements that aid in recovery and why:
- Probiotics: if you have poor gut health you have poor recovery, slower repair time and increased risk of inflammation.
- Omega 3: This is essential for many reasons but in regards to recovery it helps with hormone synthesis and improves bone repair.
- Protein: This is obvious but it helps build strength, prevents muscle deterioration, increases metabolism by restoring glycogen and reducing cortisol.
- CoQ10: Anti-oxidant that aids in prevention of muscle fatigue
- Glutamine: speeds recovery by allowing muscles to uptake carbohydrates
- L-Arginine: Stimulates growth hormone and aids muscle growth
- CBD: Anti-inflammatory, muscle and joint pain, improves sleep quality for your muscles to repair. My favorite CBD recover is Medterra CBD 750 Cooling Cream: Medterra CBD Topical Cooling Cream (750mg)
**These supplements are not intended to treat any conditions. Please consult with your physician prior to taking.