The famous Greek physician, Hippocrates once said “all diseases begin in the gut.”
Since these famous words were stated, there has been tremendous amount of evidence pointing to gut inflammation and its role in gallbladder and liver disease.
Our gut is our first line of defense and when we are constantly eating unhealthy foods, not managing stress well, and being exposed to environmental chemicals, our guts become compromised with toxins and bacteria. This is often referred to as intestinal permeability or leaky gut. When our gut is under attack, it cannot function to fight off these invaders, and ultimately the bacteria and toxins are absorbed into our bloodstream.
How do you know your gut has been compromised? Our body will start to send us cues such as:
- food allergies and intolerances
- skin rashes and eczema
- heartburn, acid reflux
- brain fog
- constipation or diarrhea
- poor sleep
- achy joints and muscles
- low energy
How does our gut affect gallbladder and liver health (biliary system)?
As mentioned when your gut is weakened, these toxins are exposed into your blood and transported throughout your body. This triggers an immune response and alters our digestion, specifically the systems between the gallbladder, liver and bile ducts.
A decrease function in this system across your gallbladder and liver:
- decrease in the function of liver detox pathways: phase 1 and phase 2
- decrease in bile formation
- increase of bile acids and toxins sitting in your liver
- decrease in bile formation to help reduce inflammation and proper gut function
So ultimately leaky gut causes a sluggish liver= gallbladder dysfunction and disease
Below are some recommendations to get started on addressing the health of your gut, gallbladder and liver:
- Remove: eliminate food allergies and intolerances, alcohol, sugar, packaged + processed foods.
- Replace: include anti-inflammatory foods, antioxidants, bitter vegetables, quality animal protein and healthy fats.
- Reduce: stressors from toxic beauty, skin care, household products. Implement breathing techniques, meditation, yoga, walking, acupuncture, chiropractic.
- Rebalance: balance blood sugar with balanced meals. Gargle while drinking water to improve gut-brain connection.
- Repair: glutamine, zinc and probiotics.
If you are ready to start tackling your digestive issues and gallbladder, liver health, contact here: https://honoryourcore.com/ or send an email to: email@example.com requesting a gallbladder, liver reboot.