You probably have heard the famous quote by Hippocrates at some point that “all diseases begin in the gut.”
If you have fatty liver or have been recently diagnosed with fatty liver, this quote stands true. It is time to start focusing on your gut!
When our guts are compromised with unhealthy bacteria or undigested food, these substances travel back to the liver through the gut-liver axis causing inflammation, immunity imbalance, and ultimately fat deposits in your liver. So, this is why it is extremely important to listen to the red light signals our guts are telling us.
When our guts have been taken over by bad bacteria and we have developed leaky gut, our bodies will send us red light signals such as:
- abdominal bloating after eating
- food allergies and intolerances
- heartburn, reflux, burning
- burping, belching
- constipation, diarrhea
- muscle aches and pain
According to Dr Lipski, leaky gut syndrome puts an extra burden on the liver. This is because all foods pass directly from the bloodstream through the liver for filtration. The liver “humanizes” the food and either lets it pass or changes it, breaking down or storing all toxic and foreign substances.” If the liver becomes overburdened with toxins it develops fat deposits.
Research has also been pointing to small bacterial intestinal growth(SIBO) and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
If you were recently diagnosed or have fatty liver, it is time to start focusing on healing your gut. Below are a few action steps to get started with:
- Reduce stress.
- Mental + emotional stress
- Toxic foods: processed + packaged foods, refined carbohydrates(white + whole wheat, pasta, breads, pastries), sugar, candy, soda, low-quality proteins, unhealthy fats + vegetable oils(canola, soy, grapeseed), alcohol
- Environmental chemicals: dirty skin care+ beauty products, household cleaners
- Medications: birth control, non-steroidal drugs like Advil, aspirin, Motrin
- Restore Gut:
- Prebiotic foods: asparagus, artichokes, leeks
- Probiotic foods: fermented vegetables
- Fiber- rich vegetables
- Anti-inflammatory + antioxidant fruits, vegetables
- Remove Food allergies + insensitivities
- Common food allergies + your own individual food intolerances
- Request food allergy test here: email@example.com
- Support Wisely
- Glutamine, Probiotics, Vitamin C, Zinc
- To order gut- restoring professional grade supplements access here: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/honoryourcore
If you are ready to start tackling your digestive + fatty liver symptoms so you can start feeling like yourself again please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or request a service here: https://honoryourcore.com/contact/
Leaky Gut and the liver: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3369997/
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23538296/
Lipski,E.(2012) Digestive Wellness