Do you feel not as healthy and vibrant?
Are you eating healthy but struggling to drop weight?
Do you have brain fog and trouble concentrating?
Do you suffer from PMS?
Do you have gallstones?
Start with healing your liver!
The liver is the most beautifully, complex organ in your body. Cool fact, it is the only organ that can regenerate itself!
When many of us think of our liver, we associate it as the alcohol detox organ, but it does sooo much more than that.
Most of the liver’s function is concerned with metabolism. It aids in:
1.Breaks down hormones, insulin, and toxic substances to protect our health.
- Breaks down and processes toxic substances like many over the counter drugs, caffeine, histamine, hormones, bbq meats, insecticides.
- Creates and processes bile and fat soluble toxins. Bile is created and stored in the gallbladder. It is released when we eat a fatty meal to aid in digestion.
- Breaks down toxins into water soluble so they can be passed to your kidney and released through urine.
2.Stores lots of good stuff for your health!
- Helps balance blood sugar by storing glycogen and releasing it when blood sugar levels drop.
- Stores iron, copper, and fat soluble vitamins such as A, B12, D, E, and K.
- From the foods we eat, to our beauty + skin care products and environmental chemicals, the liver breaks down and removes these substances from our body.
4. Filters bad stuff out.
- Filters bacteria, unhealthy cells and bacterial products from our blood. It also helps filter blood from the gut.
5.Regulates body functions.
- Regulates blood glucose levels by converting fat and protein into sugar. This process helps support blood sugar metabolism.
- Regulates fat metabolism. It creates good cholesterol, lipo-proteins, and triglycerides, but also helps to keep bad cholesterol in check. If your cholesterol levels are unhealthy start with your liver.
- If you struggle to drop weight start with your liver. The liver helps to burn fat.
6.Protects Immune System
- Removal of bacteria and toxins helps protect your immune system from being overburdened.
- If you are constantly sick, start with improving your liver.
How do we support our liver?
Supporting and improving the health of your liver is very complex but to get started with some action steps today I recommend:
1.Eat the color of the rainbow- fill your diet with colorful fruits, and vegetables.
2.Movement- find an exercise you enjoy and move about 30 minutes per day.
3.Address constipation & digestive issues.
4.Sleep- prioritize sleep and set bedtimes to achieve 7-9 hours at minimum per night
5.Supplement smart to support liver detox pathways- My favorite liver herbal tincture is: https://mountainroseherbs.com/liver-care-extract
6.Drinking water. Add in lemon for an added bonus!
Now there are many things we can do on a daily basis to start improving liver health. I recommend working with myself as a nutritionist or healthcare practitioner to help improve your liver and overall health.
Please contact me at https://honoryourcore.com/contact/ to get started on a plan that supports you and your health needs!